Information to get you ready for after high school.
Ideas to start working on:
- Review your academic plan with your counselor. Make an appointment by stopping in Student Services.
- Get schedules for college entrance and placement tests.
- Use the free SAT and ACT test prep at CFNC.org. Also look at collegeboard.org for more information on the SAT and act.org for the ACT.
- Check entrance requirements for colleges that interest you.
- Attend college fairs and financial aid workshops. Check out the Student Services Calendar for dates.
- Visit Colleges.
- Research scholarships, grants and loans.
- Talk with coaches about college sports and scholarship eligibility.
- Register to take SAT, ACT, and/or AP tests. Visit sat.collegeboard.org to register and check test dates for the SAT and act.org for the ACT.
- Narrow down your list of colleges.
- Find a summer job or internship in your field of interest.
Information from CFNC.org