Wednesday, November 22 - No School for Students / Annual Leave Day
Welcome back for another excellent year!
As school starts, we are asking all families to update their child's demographic and contact information so we can safely take care of your child at school. This year, we will do this process online. There are two ways to complete this process:
Option 1: Use the PowerSchool Parent Portal to access your child's records (coming soon!)
Option 2: Use a "snapcode" provided to you by the school through letter or email (coming soon!)
Not only can PowerSchool Parent Portal be used to access your child's grades and attendance, but also to update your student's information!
If you do not have a Parent Portal account, you can proceed to Option 2 or visit your child's school to set it up.
If you have a Parent Portal account but forgot your username or password, please click on the "Forgot Username or Password?" link on the login page .
If your Parent Portal account is in good working order, you are all set! Please follow these steps to complete the process:
2. Choose the Returning Student Registration menu item on the left
3. Enter your child's date of birth and then click on Continue.
4. Answer all the questions in the form. You will also have the opportunity to pay your fees online. If you have only one child in Davie County Schools, you are finished!
5. If you have another child in Davie County Schools, you must update their information as well. In Parent Portal, choose your other's child's name at the top left of the screen, directly under the PowerSchool logo.
6. Once you have selected your other child's name, click on the Returning Student Registration link again. The website should ask you if you want to "snap" over common information from the first child - this will save you time! You will still input information that is individual to each child such as health history or permissions.
7. Repeat this for each of your children.
If you do not see your other children's names at the top of the Parent Portal screen, you will need to visit their school to get the information to add them. You could also follow Option 2 to update their information.
You should have received an email or a letter from your school that contains a "snapcode". Please make sure you have that information available to you and follow these steps to update your child's information: